Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal


If you've been reading very much of my blog, you know that baked oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfasts to fix - especially on cold mornings. It was one of my first recipes to share with you - and for good reason. I've probably made baked oatmeal more than any other recipe in my life. We have a history, baked oatmeal and I.

So when I saw some people talking about baked pumpkin oatmeal on my twitter feed the other day, you can imagine my excitement. Why hadn't I ever thought of this, what with my love for pumpkin and baked oatmeal and all ... why hadn't I ever combined them? I've put apples and raisins in it on many occasions, but never pumpkin. I must confess I didn't click on any of the links in that feed - a combination of being in a hurry and also wanting to come up with my version based purely from my original baked oatmeal recipe.

I woke up to freezing temperatures this morning and just happened to have some leftover pumpkin in the refrigerator from some pumpkin muffins the other day (which I forgot to photograph for you!), so I threw this and that into the bowl and we had pumpkin baked oatmeal this morning.

And it is good ... and perfect for this time of the year.

By the way, did you realize that Thanksgiving is only 15 days away? I had a mini panic attack when I realized that, but I'm starting on the prep early next week so I should have plenty of time. Tomorrow, I plan on posting my Thanksgiving menu for you. I don't have all of the recipes from my menu on this blog, but I hope to have a few more of them for you before the big day, and will create links within my menu as I get them posted.

For now, go make some of this oatmeal if you can tolerate gluten-free oats.

Projected prep time: 5 minutes; Projected bake time: 35-40 minutes
(Printable Recipe)


2 cups certified gluten-free rolled oats
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. oil
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
Dash of ground cloves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients and pour into an 8x8 baking dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until baked all the way through and feels somewhat firm to the touch.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? I love to hear from you and read every comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...