Friday, January 21, 2011

Balsamic Kale Chips with Sea Salt


Everyone was asking for more servings of kale with our dinner last night (Italian lentil soup). This recipe is so amazingly simple, and delicious!

You'll need kale, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sea salt.

I followed this recipe from Allrecipes, substituting balsamic vinegar for the sherry vinegar and probably using a two or three pinches of sea salt. I just put the washed/dried/torn pieces in a bowl and drizzled olive oil according to sight and not measurement, then used my hands to coat the pieces really well.


After olive oil, on baking sheet


I also kept in the oven for closer to 30 minutes than 35, and checked a few times throughout. I didn't really feel the need to turn any of them and they came out fine.

These will be served in my house again.

*And for your kale enjoyment, I'm linking this recipe up with some other gluten-free kale recipes here: http://www.bookofyum.com/blog/kale-week-tahini-kale-chip-recipe-and-dehydrator-review-6328.html

1 comment:

  1. I love kale chips! Wish I had a dehydrater, but these sound awesome too!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? I love to hear from you and read every comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...