Wednesday, January 26, 2011

White Zucchini Pizza


If you're in need of a quick but delicious dinner, this is for you. Originally, before we were GF, I made a pizza very similar to this using Rachel Ray's 365: No Repeats cookbook recipe. Since going GF, however, I've changed it up some to be a little faster to make (for me, anyway), and of course, without the gluten.

Projected prep time: 15-20 minutes; Projected bake time: 20-25 minutes
2 O'Doughs flax pizza crusts
2 zucchini, washed and cut into sticks a few inches long
15 oz. ricotta
5-6 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
Shredded mozzarella or Colby-Jack cheese
Grapeseed oil
Sea salt
Black pepper

Sautee zucchini in some grapeseed oil until tender. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste halfway through the cooking, then taste again at the end.


While the zucchini is cooking, prebake your pizza crusts for 5 minutes. (And if you haven't discovered O'Doughs yet, you're missing out. They make the best hamburger buns, and I'm so pleased with the versatility and taste of these crusts!)


And mix your ricotta and pressed garlic together really well.


Spread onto heated crusts ...


Return to oven for about 5 minutes.

Now a note on the shredded cheese. I have always used mozzarella in this recipe. When I made this the other night, to my dismay, I was out of mozzarella (which I've now restocked in both shredded and fresh form!) but had plenty of Colby-Jack. Groaning, I looked at the clock. It was too late to go to the store and have supper on the table at a decent time. Mumbling to my husband that I'd have to use Colby-Jack and it wouldn't taste as good, I reluctantly sprinkled (you need to generously sprinkle your shredded cheese) the orange and white mixture over the ricotta/garlic.

Return to oven for about 5-10 minutes, until it's all melted well.

Top with the zucchinin and bake one more time, 5-10 minutes until it's all heated really well.


And the Colby-Jack cheese on top? I'm glad I was out of mozzarella. It was fabulous. But you choose the cheese you prefer.

Serve with salad


Delish!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I'm going to be craving this. Looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? I love to hear from you and read every comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...