Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lemon flower


A friend gave me a Meyer lemon "tree" this weekend. I can't tell you how excited I am about this - I've been wanting a lemon tree for a very long time! I had a lime tree once. I grew it from a very tiny little thing just a few inches long and cared for it over a few years. It finally grew some flowers and I was excited to have limes! I'd had a child by then, however, who loved to pick flowers off any plant she saw. She picked all of the lime tree's flowers and the tree ended up dying. True story.

My children have been warned: No picking the flowers! No smelling the flowers, either, in case your nose hits it too hard. These flowers are so very fragrant, you can smell them just by standing next to the little tree. I already have some baby lemons growing, and hope to have more growing soon. I pray I can keep this tree alive!

We've had days a little warmer this week and I've been able to put the tree outside for several hours. The bees love this tree, so I know they are doing their job pollinating and making more little lemons for me.

I couldn't resist snapping a shot of the beauty I find in these lemon flowers. You're likely to see more lemon tree shots as time progresses.

Why I'm sharing this: http://mamameglutenfree.blogspot.com/2012/02/beauty-in-eye-of-beholder.html

3 comments:

  1. It does have a beautiful, delicate flower. Thanks for all the information you shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! And you are welcome - I hope you get answers soon!

      Delete

Have something to say? I love to hear from you and read every comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...