Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baked Pumpkin Pudding

A taste test sample. Very much like a thicker, more textured crustless pumpkin pie.
I used one of those big cans of pumpkin for my pumpkin bread and was wondering what I could do with the leftover pumpkin. I had lots of eggs on hand, some ricotta, some pecans (decided not to use) and an assortment of other ingredients. I came up with this dessert that came out pretty good. My husband says he likes my "experiments." I'm always afraid of them but he says he can think of only one that didn't come out delicious so I guess that means something.

Projected prep time: 10 min; Projected bake time: More than an hour
3 eggs
2/3 c. ricotta
1 1/3 c. pumpkin (this is how much you'll have left from a big can if you use my pumpkin bread recipe)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
Pinch of cardamom
1 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt (I didn't actually put this in the recipe but after tasting it, it could use a little salt)

Beat eggs until frothy.


Add pumpkin, ricotta, spices and salt and mix at medium-high speed until well blended, at least one minute. Gradually add sugar at lower speed then continue mixing at higher speed until well blended, scraping bowl to ensure all incorporated.

Pour into greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for at least an hour. I can't remember how far past an hour I baked it because my youngest started needing things. I know at an hour it wasn't done yet so I kept it in another 10 minutes, checked and it was still not done in the middle, etc. When it was finished, probably 5 or 10 minutes after that, the entire surface had the same shine (or lack of) to it, texture etc. and a knife in the center came out clean.

Serve warm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? I love to hear from you and read every comment. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...